I had been wanted to write a post regarding the use of the birth control pill. I found myself sort of time, however, to put together a proper post. Today I am featuring a guest poster. The following post was written by a lady in Ireland named Sarah. Her life has certainly been an encouragement to me. She has written a very informative post at her blog, heartsdesire. I for one will say that I used the pill for a short time. As is typical with most women, I had no idea how it worked.
So, you think you know how the contraceptive pill works? You think you don't need to dig a little deeper? I'm here to tell you that you do not know enough! There has been a veil drawn before us; individuals with political agendas, governments, medical professionals and drug companies desperately want us to remain ignorant of the facts...
This week in America, the "Pill Kills" campaigners are again providing crucial information to their fellow citizens. They are courageously protesting and speaking out against this drug, which potentially extinguishes the life of the unborn, is extremely detrimental to women's health, negatively impacts the environment and threatens the God ordained institution of marriage. I pray for such boldness in our own country of Ireland.
It is a medical fact that the birth control pill can act as an abortifacient. Which means that it has the ability to cause an abortion of a newly conceived life. Yes a life. That little pill has the ability to extinguish an innocent life.
The next video is a short sermon given by Pastor Anderson; preaching about the effects of the birth control pill. Please do not send me comments about your objections with Pastor Anderson's sermons, please listen to what he has to say on this important issue.
When does pregnancy begin?
- Scientists, including anti-abortion physicians, have long defined pregnancy as beginning when a fertilized egg implants in the womb. Long defined? Actually the word 'pregnancy' was re-defined to the above description, so as to make the birth control pill marketable. Do not let clever wording confuse you here...once an egg is fertilized it is no longer called an egg but a zygote! A zygote IS a newly conceived life!
- Implantation is the only event that triggers hormonal, physical and all the other changes in bodily function that allow the egg to receive nutrients and begin to divide and grow- i.e., pregnancy. A woman's menstrual cycle has already caused some changes within the woman's body in order to sustain new life should conception take place. Also the newly conceived life has already begun to divide and grow before implantation.
- “Pro-life” adherents, including the “Pill Kills” extremists, define pregnancy as beginning at the moment of fertilization, when sperm meets egg. This is a medical fact, one that is also supported in scripture.
- Scientific research rejects that argument: fertilization triggers no “pregnancy response” of hormonal or other change in a woman’s body and in fact is undetectable. This 'medical research is highly suspect. Actually in addition to the above information, ovulation itself triggers the production of estrogen and progesterone; progesterone is a hormone that causes other changes in a woman's body to facilitate fertilization and implantation. If a life is not conceived then the levels of estrogen and progesterone drop causing a woman to shed her womb lining in her monthly menses. Implantation only triggers your body to produce hCG hormone which allows your body to CONTINUE producing progesterone and estrogen.
How do contraceptives work?
- Contraceptive literature says all methods prevent pregnancy in one of three ways: inhibiting ovulation, inhibiting sperm transport and/or possibly creating what appears to be a “hostile environment” or thinned lining in the womb so that eggs do not implant. **Newsflash** If a zygote/new life cannot implant because a hormonal contraceptive has shrunken the lining then that is called an abortion.
- No scientific studies support the theory of a "hostile environment" that deters implantation. If a newly conceived life is supposed to implant in a healthy womb lining in order to survive, then it is only logical to conclude that if the endometrium is now deemed a poor environment, then of course it may prevent implantation.
- In fact many fertilized eggs implant and begin to grow in women’s fallopian tubes, abdominal cavities and other “hostile” tissues. It is true that when implantation takes place in these environments then a healthy full term pregnancy is not possible, and medical intervention must take place. However the womb lining IS the intelligently designed place where new life should be able to implant and grow, preventing this may cause an abortion.
- “Pill Kills” extremists insist erroneously that hormonal contraceptives do prevent fertilized eggs from implanting. Having already mis-defined fertilized eggs as pregnancies, they then assert that hormonal contraceptives therefore cause abortions. Semantics play a very important part of keeping the veil drawn to hide the truth, do not be fooled. It is a medical fact that hormonal contraceptives may prevent newly conceived lives from implanting in the womb. Also aren't these people the ones who are mis-defining? We do not say that a fertilized egg is a pregnancy. Pregnancy is the physical state in which to describe a woman who is carrying new life inside her womb. A 'fertilized egg' is a new life, an unborn human being.
Sisters in Christ, let us not hide behind wordly reasoning. Back problems, worrying about age, pelvic issues, opinions of others, finances...etc; God is bigger than any of these 'reasons'. There is never a good enough reason for us to act against the nature of our bodies, and cut off our seed. To act against nature in this way, is to act against God. The Bible tells us that we should be enthusiastic about receiving children from the Lord.