Friday, September 16, 2011

Spotlight: Noah





Noah's "birth" was a snap compared to all the rest. I am very thankful for that. I've had very little pain, for which I am SUPER grateful.  He was 8 lb, 5 oz which is not big for my babies. He's taking to nursing like a pro. In my opinion, he looks very, very much like Ethan but with John's eyes and Josiah's cleft chin. He's also a lot more blond than the others. John was the most blond and they've gradually gotten darker all the way down to Josiah. Noah changed that pattern!


Since Noah's "birth story" isn't half as dramatic as Josiah's was, I guess that I feel like there's really nothing to share. I'm not being negative; there's just not really much to tell. I was unhappy to have been completely forbidden to leave my bed on day one. He was born at about 7:30 AM and by 2 AM the next day, I'd had enough. My nurse was okay with disconnecting me to my 88,000 tethers (miles of IV stuff, blood clot leg cuff thingys, etc) and I was very glad. After the last bit of morphine was out of my system, I got up and got a shower. After that, I felt like a new person!




For now, we're hoping to go home today, two days after Noah's birth. The children are dying to have mommy home again and I am dying to be home again. There is no rest in the hospital, that's to be sure!

9 edifying expressions:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Glad everthing went well for you. God is so good. God bless you, and your family.

Tara said...

Congratulations!! He's beautiful! It's great to hear that all is well.

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome sweet Noah! I'm so happy that all went well. Looking forward to hearing you are home and settling in with your newest precious bundle! Well done, Elizabeth! :)

Taryn said...

"...Noah walked with God."- Genesis 6:9KJ. I like that name. He's beautiful.

Kristy... said...

I have NO IDEA how I Missed this. I am soo happy for you and he is SO beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Aliene said...

He is precious. I am so glad you came through fine. I know you are quite busy. Let us know how things are going as soon as you can. Will be waiting to hear. Just want you to know that Logan is speaking some, he uses his hands, he is eating certain things by himself. He is walking with his Dad holding his hand. We can see every week how he is progressing. His prayer is "Lord, just let me walk again."
He goes at it with all his might.

momto9 said...

A sweet beautiful new baby!! Congratualtions! He's perfect!
And thanks for visiting my blog:)

Kimberly said...

What a blessing, so precious! Welcome to the Momma of a Handful Club!

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your blog very much.