Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dusting off the Blog

Okay, really I have so much stuff I could blog about. And I should since it's been nearly three months since an update. I really just wanted to post a fantastic laugh I had at myself today. See, I'm one who is always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time or doing something embarrassing. I've always been like that. Therefore, I am not embarrassed easily. For me, doing stupid stuff is just part of living. But today even I was mortified.

I was in Brewton, AL today attending a function at a local restaurant with the ladies at my church. Afterward I went into Walmart to grab a few things. The weather here has been super hot (heat indexes >107F) and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky (somewhat unusual). So the instant I walked out of the store I was fishing for my sunglasses. While walking I stuck them on my face and started looking for my car (cus I always forget where I park). When I put the sunglasses on I felt very slightly disoriented, but nothing unusual. I mean, we all get spells where we get barely dizzy and don't know why. As I walked to the car, I noticed people sort of staring. I wasn't sure why. I was sort of dressed up; everyone else that I saw in the store was wearing t-shirts. I figured that was the reason for the stares.

So, next stop was the gas station ... because gas is always cheaper in Brewton ... way cheaper. I pulled up to the pump and waited for the man who was currently pumping gas to finish. He kept staring too ... like over and over. I waved at him. He didn't respond. I thought, "People just aren't friendly these days." He finished up and I hopped out of my car and began fueling. Now really, the place is crowded. Well, crowded for Brewton. I finish up and hop back in the car. As I pulled off I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear-view mirror and *gasp* I discovered why all the people were staring. And I discovered why I'd felt sort of disoriented when I put my glasses on.

I know you're dying to know what it was, aren't you?

Well, it's because THIS is what I looked like!!!



Yeah, that really happened.
~~~~~~
I really want to get back to blogging. I have been checking in on the blogs I follow, although I seldom comment. There are so many things to share. Hopefully, we'll get to that soon!

5 edifying expressions:

Elizabeth O. McBride said...

That is too funny! I was trying to think what could it be. I was guessing maybe the sunglasses were upside down.

char said...

I was guessing you had the kids glasses on but this is even better:-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Glad to see I am not the one who does silly things like that! It was good to see you back on your blog. It made me smile.
God Bless and hope to see you back again soon.

Sarah said...

Hahahahahaha, too funny! Seems like something that would happen to me also! ;)

erin cole said...

oh my goodness! you are to funny! I would so do this!